- Normal Model
- A Django model that does not have Translated Fields.
- Shared Fields
- A field which is not translated, thus shared between the languages.
- Shared Model
- The part of your model which holds the untranslated fields.
Internally this is a separated model to your Translations Model
as well as it’s own database table.
- Translated Fields
- A field which is translatable on a model.
- Translated Model
- A Django model that subclasses
- Translation Manager
- A subclass of
TranslationManager, which replaces
the default Django manager on Translated Model, allowing access to
translated fields. It will use
internally, or a custom subclass if so configured.
- Translation-Aware Manager
- A Django manager that operates on untranslated models, yet is aware of
translated models it meets when crossing relations. It makes it possible
to filter untranslatable models against a translated field of a related
- Translations Model
- The part of your model which holds the translated fields. Internally
this is a (autogenerated) separate model with a ForeignKey to your